I had the very good fortune to be able to interview Rick Frishman this week. Rick is an author (12 books!), publisher and publicity trainer for authors and entrepreneurs.
His publishing company, Morgan James, published the Chicken Soup book series – ever heard of those?
If you are an author or wanna-be author, you’ll really get a lot out of this Daring Dreamers Showcase. Even if you are not an author yet, you will, because he gives so many entrepreneurial tips about how to build your customer base and way more.
I mainly wanted Rick to give us ideas about book publishing – both ebook and print book, self-publishing and conventional publishing.
But he gave us way more than that! So much, in fact, that I cut the interview into three 20-25-minute segments for easier listening.
I suggest you download the audios – there’s so much in them you’ll want to listen several times to get it all. To get to the audios, click on the IDareYouRadio.com logos to the left.
Rick also talks about this year’s Author 101 University – Go HERE to find out more (and a very cool surprise that will save you money!) and get a FREE ebook from me about how to Eliminate Your Money Fears.
Rick goes over:
- which is ‘better’ – ebook or print;
- how and what authors get paid (or not!);
- what media producers or show hosts look for when they’re scouting for people to have as guests on their shows;
- tips on how to prepare to go on a show and not look like a jerk or be unprepared;
- how to succeed at networking (when before you got the willies or didn’t even go!) –
- the one critical question to ask at the end of your networking conversations;
- how to handle interviews to get all your info across w/o seeming pushy….
Besides a great rundown of this year’s Author 101 U 3-day event in Las Vegas (business and publishing for authors, speakers and entrepreneurs), Rick gives us a whole slew of tips and strategies –
- how to choose the right URL for your book,
- how to get media interviews, and
- build your platform as an author or speaker so you can get the media to publicize your book.
No platform = no publisher will want your book. Crucial info for both published AND self-published authors, and people who want to publicize their businesses.
Rick gives critical tips for:
- getting a publisher
- who you MUST have with you when you sign any contracts and
- how to find them.
- The tree types of publishing and their pros and cons,
- getting into book stores or on the NY Times Bestseller list,
- more about self-publishing and conventional publishing.
I hope you enjoy it all! Go HERE to get your FREEbie from me and to get to Author 101 University (and a very cool surprise that will save you money!)- you’ll be glad you did!
Thanks for your wonderful comment! I’m so glad you enjoyed and appreciated it – comments like that make all the time it takes to produce something like this totally worth it. You are so welcome!
Wow! Over an hour of information, and not one minute of it was I bored or want to fast forward! Great guest, Angela, and what a wealth of information he shared about getting published! Thoroughly enjoyed all of it. MAHALO!